I have to make this about hockey first and foremost, so I’ll start by saying I am pretty certain that I’m the only blogger on this earth, who’s played against Jack Lambert in ice hockey.
He sucked. But he sure was ugly and intimidating. Real intimidating. Did I say he was intimidating?
On to LeBron. We’re going to go out on a limb, and say whatever team trades for Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, D-WAYNE Wade, Jesus Christ, and Kobe, will have a SLIGHT edge in landing the King. Lots of other factors, of course, come into play:
1. His love for Akron and hatred for Cleveland.
2. His memories here.
3. He grew up here (for any of you that did, that’s not necessarily an advantage.)
4. Whether him and Kobe can share the limelight?
5. Will any of these players pull a Delante?
6. Will it be OK if they do?
7. Which city does the best “we LOVE you” suck up, marketing campaign, to some guy we know absolutely nothing about. Nor would care about at all, unless you could dunk a basketball.
8. His business team’s overall goals and strategy. Translation, his high school buddies who hit the lottery like Paul Allen (below right, when he found out he was Bill Gates roommate at Harvard.) I’m not quite certain if LeBron’s buddies went on to higher education quite like Harvard?
9. Really nothing in particular.
10. Whoever guesses how many fingers he has behind his back.